Forum: Ruby on Rails Questions regarding plugin version

Ff82d57deca6f28f35d218fb4d458362?d=identicon&s=25 Vince Wang (Guest)
I think we already want to get the latest version.

But when we use the ruby script/plugin install plugin-name or URL to get
them, How to make sure we get the latest one? How to check after the
plugins installed?

Thx in advance,
Vince
On 2/10/06, Vince Wang <vwang@writingproject.org> wrote:
> I think we already want to get the latest version.
>
> But when we use the ruby script/plugin install plugin-name or URL to get
> them, How to make sure we get the latest one? How to check after the
> plugins installed?
>
> Thx in advance,
> Vince

Since most of the plugins are on svn servers, you can always be sure
that you have the latest.  You can install plugins with svn checkout
or externals if you want to update that way:

script/plugin install foo -o # check out
svn update vendor/plugins/foo

You can also pass -f (force) to force a reinstall of a plugin.  This
works even with http downloads:

script/plugin install foo -f # removes foo if it's installed and
installs it again

If you want to view help:

script/plugin # shows info on all script/plugin commands
script/plugin install -h # shows options for installation

--
Rick Olson
http://techno-weenie.net