Forum: NGINX DNS problem

71f0c39de5f490522ce1893798ee6576?d=identicon&s=25 ywsample (Guest)
I know nginx 1.7.4 fixes a bug about DNS resolver, but i do not quite
understand why this would lead to a request hang, Because there is a
timeout handling, at a specified time if there is no response the
timeout
callback will be called,so why here can lead to request hang,

Could someone show me a example about how lead to request hang?

I ask this,because i recently encountered a problem online product(it
use
nginx-1.7.2), may be caused by this problem
2154be8b4430488454f0a067e09863b9?d=identicon&s=25 Ruslan Ermilov (Guest)
On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 02:37:46PM +0800, ywsample wrote:
> I know nginx 1.7.4 fixes a bug about DNS resolver, but i do not quite
> understand why this would lead to a request hang, Because there is a
> timeout handling, at a specified time if there is no response the timeout
> callback will be called,so why here can lead to request hang,
>
> Could someone show me a example about how lead to request hang?

The requests would hang for 30 seconds instead of retrying a
DNS query periodically.

See http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx/2014-July...
for details.
Existing account