Forum: Ruby on Rails Timezone problem

417e50c1bb8f3958b58e9b1f593a9e0b?d=identicon&s=25 Shawn Garbett (Guest)
Okay I have a database with all timestamps stored in
GMT, but each customer (who's timezone is known),
wants all data and query done in their timezone. So
presentation is the standard offset and where clauses
subtracts the offset.

Could this be done as an extension to active record
such that all queries automatically adjust dates to
the timezone of the customer?

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

while it's not an AR extension the ruby tzinfo library is your best
bet imho -

http://tzinfo.rubyforge.org/

Regards,
Trevor

On 10-Feb-06, at 2:14 PM, Shawn Garbett wrote:

> Shawn

Trevor Squires
http://somethinglearned.com