Forum: Ruby on Rails hiding header/footer on html print?

Peter F. (Guest)
Hello all,

I am using what might be a "poor mans" reporting... html -> print.

Who knows a way to hide the browser-included header and footer of the
print?

thanks.

--
Joe M. (Guest)
define <divs> arround your header and footer parts, and include a css

<LINK rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print"
href="/prntfriendly.css">

and define those div's to be hidden on the printer friendly css file.

JY
Peter F. (Guest)
On 2/10/06, Joe Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> > thanks.
> > Rails mailing list

What I meant was:  The browser prints page-title and Page x of y on the
"header" fo the printed page, outside of the content HTML, and prints
the
URL and Date on the printed "footer" outside of the content HTML.  I'm
looking for "generic" browser instructives to hide those
browser-inserted
elements.

Any ideas?

--
Joe M. (Guest)
I'm pretty sure that those items are set up on the user's end when

Attached is the dialog for Firefox 1.5+ print options...as far as I
know,
there is no way to programically control with HTML the print options a
user
has set for printing.

JY
Peter F. (Guest)
On 2/10/06, Joe Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> JY
> > > href="/prntfriendly.css">

Thanks for the PNG.  At least now I can suggest this for users.
Once I use PDF I won't have this issue.