Forum: Ruby on Rails RoR, Apache 2, FastCGI

E4c4a05719644c37f02dc5181de7c8c5?d=identicon&s=25 Buntin, Seth - KATE (Guest)
I have everything working and I am really excited about learning Ruby
and Rails. But whenever I access my different defs in my controller it
takes ~ 5 seconds before they are returned. I am working locally so I
don't know what the issue is.

System Details:

Windows XP
Apache 2.0.55
Ruby 1.8.2
Rails 1.0

Seth Buntin

Web Resources Coordinator

Kentucky Academy of Technology Education

Murray State University
Ccaa63b09f5168501b194266b9a1e7cc?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Willson (Guest)
On Feb 10, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Buntin, Seth - KATE wrote:

> I have everything working and I am really excited about learning
> Ruby and Rails. But whenever I access my different defs in my
> controller it takes ~ 5 seconds before they are returned. I am
> working locally so I don't know what the issue is.
>
> Seth Buntin

Seth, odds are good that your requests aren't being processed by
FCGI. Add a little logging to dispatch.cgi and dispatch.fcgi to see
which is called. If that is the problem, check that your .htaccess
file is set up for FCGI.

Scott
D90ef6808433e63203e15a5c2dadb0bb?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Reubenstein (Guest)
Seth ~

Keep in mind that development mode will be much slower than production
as
everything is reloaded when the page is rendered.  I have also found
that
after a lot of calls to the app, Apache starts to bloat.  Restarting
Apache
will speed the app back up.  I don't use windows / apache in production,
just for development.

~ Ben
4005a47a8f2ceee49670b920593c1d52?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Munat (Guest)
If you're just learning, why not just use webrick (run "ruby
script\server" from your
project root dir)?