Forum: Ruby Programming cell phones in Ruby ?

67bb4df2775f6a6b603347dce7119571?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Dear all,

I would like to play around with my cell phone a bit ... it understands
Java
MIDP1.0  -- is there any way to access this from Ruby ?
I have found JRuby in RAA - can you recommend this for some
very simple game coding  or changing ring tones ?

Best regards,

Axel
B86bf4bc0bad3872deec1f92d17204bb?d=identicon&s=25 fred.grott@gmail.com (Guest)
No its not possible as the J2ME JVms are not tradition or standard JVms
but sized down JVMs with severe access restrictions and the like..
58213d4c1552914aaa20e9cab0010149?d=identicon&s=25 David N. Welton (Guest)
Nuralanur@aol.com wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to play around with my cell phone a bit ... it understands  Java
> MIDP1.0  -- is there any way to access this from Ruby ?
> I have found JRuby in RAA - can you recommend this for some
> very simple game coding  or changing ring tones ?

A language like Ruby is probably a bit big for a cell phone (today's
cell phones, at least).  While not as fancy, you might have a look at
Hecl (http://www.hecl.org) which is at least a scripting language with
some of the dynamic goodness of Ruby...

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.dedasys.com/
5f7864fec0933c58fee8b96e1e9db27d?d=identicon&s=25 Alpha Chen (Guest)