Forum: Ruby Re:

Re:
0408ea0f357ac2345b0e56f8066b814f?d=identicon&s=25 Dominic Marks (Guest)
Dominic Marks wrote:
> --
>
> This code will cause Ruby to core dump with a bus error after a number

> of fetches. The number is not constant. Garbage collector acting up,
> or am I at fault?

No, it's a bug, either in one of the included packages (socket, monitor,

digest/md5 or openssl) or a bug in Ruby itself.  If I were a betting
man, I'd
bet on monitor (synchronize), but that's a guess.

Which version of Ruby, btw?  The Changelog indicates that there were a
few
touchups since 1.8.2.
--

Its 1.8.4.