Forum: Ruby on Rails Plotting library

C7a293df7dd3fc0e09b4cb79e653fe6e?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
   I'm fairly new to Rails and am moving from PHP. I am looking for a
way to generate generate image plots on a Webpage. I have looked at
SVG::Graph, but it doesn't look nearly as flexible or functional as
jpGraph, which I use in PHP (http://www.aditus.nu/jpgraph/).
I also generate some more complex graphs using matplotlib via Python
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html. Is there any way to
call a Python script from within Rails? All the data will be dynamically
generated from a database.

Thanks for any guidance.
Mike

Examine gruff first:

http://www.nubyonrails.com/pages/gruff

very good-looking.

On Friday, February 10, 2006, at 5:12 PM, spamfree at eircom dot net
wrote:

>Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org

Jules