Forum: Ruby Why Ruby?

A87f7a014c624587fab0d3d78c5b9c18?d=identicon&s=25 Bil Kleb (Guest)
I was amazed to see no comments on Andy's "Why Ruby?" blog
entry: http://www.toolshed.com/blog/articles/2006/02/09/why-ruby
Bil Kleb wrote:
> I was amazed to see no comments on Andy's "Why Ruby?" blog
> entry: http://www.toolshed.com/blog/articles/2006/02/09/why-ruby

Why did you expect any?  The article is not a day old and apart from
that:
what's left to add?

Regards

    robert
9dec3df8319c613f6f4f14a27da0fdb4?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Schmitt (Guest)
How about...

Ruby is all of those cool languages that you've never had the time or
patience to learn, but in an easy to digest, logical, fun way.

You know, the languages that are as powerfull as C++ and Java, that
have all the neat features that the .Net folks act like are their
brand new inventions?  The stuff that your CS professors say, when you
master this, then you'll be ready.
Think: scheme, lisp, lau, smalltalk, oCamal, ObjectiveC, unlambda.

Ok I'm kidding about the unlambda part, and I'm kind of biased.