Forum: Ruby on Rails Error: Before updating scaffolding from new DB schema, try c

45e815356bbcbb7bc165235679cd160d?d=identicon&s=25 Tirta K. Untario (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm new to Rails, I know this is a classic error, but I cannot resolve
it anyhow :(

This is my system config:
Windows XP SP2
Ruby 1.8.2 -> installed using windows installer version
Rails 1.0.0
MySql 4.1.10

I followed the instruction on rubyonrails.org, exactly step by step.
But the error occur everytime I tried to generate scaffold or generate
model.

I tried to googling around, I tried to reinstall Ruby's mysql library
using gem, but it failed.

Help anyone? I'm totally stuck here :(

--
Tirta K. Untario
On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 12:57 +0700, Tirta K. Untario wrote:

> I followed the instruction on rubyonrails.org, exactly step by step.
> But the error occur everytime I tried to generate scaffold or generate
> model.
>
> I tried to googling around, I tried to reinstall Ruby's mysql library
> using gem, but it failed.
>
> Help anyone? I'm totally stuck here :(
----
Can you connect to mysql in other ways?

Did you set up a table?

Are you using new or old style hashed passwords in mysql (must be new
style)?

What instructions are you following?

You're not offering much in terms of information.

Craig
4005a47a8f2ceee49670b920593c1d52?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Munat (Guest)
How are you invoking script/generate? What tables do you have in your
db? Did you edit
your database.yml appropriately?

783130010bd0f961daf701904d992d89?d=identicon&s=25 Tirta K. Untario (Guest)
Hi all,

Thanks for Craig and Ben, I solved the problem :)

I use PHP4 for main web development language, and I changed hashed
password for MySQL to the old one long time ago. So that's where the
problem lies...

--
Tirta K. Untario