Forum: Ruby-core Access monotonic counter in Time

18ce80ec307b208122d1f26dda8ff5ff?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
Issue #10138 has been updated by Aki Tuomi.

Yui NARUSE wrote:
> > Also, the point of this patch is to enable access to uniform monotonic clock,
so that you don't need to check for OS, what clock you want etc.
Process.clock_gettime is simply method exposure, and I would think most people
would not appreciate that on OS/X or Windows it does something completely
different.

> Process.clock_gettime already have compatibility layer for OS X and Windows.
> Therefore Process.clock_gettime(Process::CLOCK_MONOTONIC) is portable

So it would indeed seem, although I could not see Win32 listed as
supported for CLOCK_MONOTONIC, but this could be just my
misunderstanding. Thank you for the fast reply anyways!

Feature #10138: Access monotonic counter in Time

* Author: Aki Tuomi
* Assignee:
* Category: core
* Target version: