Forum: Rails Engines Login Engine Installation Question

6f94c45fd92acbb3e21c328f6b35298a?d=identicon&s=25 Bradley Mazurek (Guest)

New to rails, ruby & subversion.  I've gone through the installation
of rails-engine and used the svn:externals mechanism to reference the
external repository.

Now, when it came time to install the login_engine, I saw that the
documentation suggests either:

 script/plugin install login_engine
or
 svn co http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/plugins/login_engine
<MY_RAILS_APP>/vendor/plugins/login_engine

to get the login_engine.

Is there any reason I couldn't use a svn:externals reference for the
login_engine as well as the rails-engine?

Thanks.
--
Bradley Mazurek
Absolutely none at all - that's what we do here.

However you should probably link to one of the specific version tags
if this is a production application, since the /plugin versions will
always reflect the latest version, and it's a bad idea in general to
give up control of exactly which version you are running.

You can find tagged versions of each plugin/engine at:

  http://opensvn.csie.org/rails_engines/<plugin/engi...

- james

On 2/9/06, Bradley Mazurek <bradley.mazurek@gmail.com> wrote:
> or