Forum: Ruby on Rails Howto work with a page not generated by the scaffold ?

A6c67b56b47928da23961d8a349bcc0a?d=identicon&s=25 Jose Carlos (Guest)
on 2006-02-09 12:37
  I am a newbie Ruby and RoR user. In my tests using the turorials that
I found over the web, everthing is working fine and I am very impressed
about RoR framework.

 As I am a Delphi developer, without any web development experience,
There is some thing hard to understando and I didn't find a tutorial
about this.

 I wonder how to create a non-scaffold page ? I have customers, products
and orders for example, and I want to create a page to view the orders
between two dates. So, I need a page that will ask for initial and final
date, I will select the records matching this criteria in the orders
date and joining this 3 tables?

Thanks in advance.
19403f509ca90e8ffe072214c6cba896?d=identicon&s=25 oo00oo (Guest)
Hello,

Look here : http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html
You need to do the depot tutorial to understand the basic

You can download the source of the depot tutorial here. Watch the
source. Very good practice
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/code.html
983672e458ceee58ccf52ce1eb58014d?d=identicon&s=25 Marco Casario (Guest)
hi all,
I'm reading the Agile WebDevelopment with Ruby on Rails but I obtain an
error for the code at page 111.
This is the error :
SyntaxError in Admin#ship
Showing app/views/admin/ship.rhtml where line #8 raised:

compile error
./script/../config/../app/views/admin/ship.rhtml:8: syntax error
_erbout.concat(( end _form_tag ).to_s); _erbout.concat "\n"
                    ^
Extracted source (around line #8):

5: </table>
6: <br />
7: <input type="submit" value=" INVIA ITEM CHEKATI " />
8: <%= end _form_tag %>
9:
10:

Trace of template inclusion: /app/views/admin/ship.rhtml

RAILS_ROOT: ./script/../config/..

and this is the code :

<h1>Ordini da spedire</h1>
<%= form_tag(:action => "ship") %>
<%= render(:partial => "order_line", :collection => @pending_orders) %>
<input type="submit" value=" INVIA ITEM CHEKATI " />
<%= end _form_tag %>

What's wrong with it ??

thanks

marco
5d15c6821f3c3054c04b85471824ba7c?d=identicon&s=25 Mikkel Bruun (Guest)
On Thursday, February 09, 2006, at 5:16 AM, Marco Casario wrote:
>                    ^
>Extracted source (around line #8):
>
>5: </table>
>6: <br />
>7: <input type="submit" value=" INVIA ITEM CHEKATI " />
>8: <%= end _form_tag %>
>9:
>10:

whitespace after end in <%= end _form_tag %>

should be <%= end_form_tag %>

Mikkel Bruun

www.strongside.dk    - Football Portal(DK)
nflfeed.helenius.org - Football News(DK)
ting.minline.dk      - Buy Old Stuff!(DK)
A6c67b56b47928da23961d8a349bcc0a?d=identicon&s=25 Jose carlos Da cunha jr (cunhajr)
on 2006-02-09 14:35
oo00oo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Look here : http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/index.html
> You need to do the depot tutorial to understand the basic
>
> You can download the source of the depot tutorial here. Watch the
> source. Very good practice
> http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/rails/code.html

  Thank you oo00oo to answer my post.

  This is a great book, I have it.

  Maybe I missunderstood something.. I will take a look on it again.

  Anyway, Could someone give me the basics steps to create a page for
searching records in a join SQL ? I am not asking for a sample code.

  Thank you
19403f509ca90e8ffe072214c6cba896?d=identicon&s=25 oo00oo (Guest)
thanks :) you got it :)

too tired
best
marco