Forum: Ruby on Rails begginer , need help with ruby installation(cmd)

6c715ef0e73f2f2bd58b1177ebcc8ce9?d=identicon&s=25 Mohammed Rashid (mrashi12)
on 2014-08-13 13:47
I have downloaded git, ruby installer etc. I am following a tutorial on
how to installing Ruby on windows.Using cmd on Windows, After installing
devkit in the Ruby200x64 folder, I installed it successfully, created a
"testapp" folder and used the "bundle exec rails server" command and
everything shows up as it shows up on the tutorial including "Rails
applications starting in development on". However
mine shows an extra line underneath that says it is listening to every
server conditioner using binding option. Now when he runs it
in the tutorial "localhost:3000" on the address bar works. On mine, it
does not. I am at the very last part but stuck for hours. Somebody
please help!
F7141e066d691d7f18765c1ea6389b18?d=identicon&s=25 Serguei Cambour (javix)
On Wednesday, August 13, 2014 1:48:16 PM UTC+2, User
> does not. I am at the very last part but stuck for hours. Somebody
> please help!
> --

Yo say
> ..created a "testapp" folder and used the "bundle exec rails server"
> command ...

You should create a Rails application by running:

rails new your_rails_app_name

Then navigate to the created Rails app in Windows command prompt

cd path/to/your_rails_app_name

And only now you should execute in the terminal:

rails s

and navigate to http://localhost:3000 in your browser.

See Rails Guides <> that will help you to
6c49496bf110519998afa5f99cb32a8b?d=identicon&s=25 Joel Witherspoon (Guest)
I wouldn't recommend CMD on Windows. Use GITBASH instead. It works
well and uses *nix commands like the books. Open one GiTBash instance
running your Rails server and the other for any of your functions. really helped get me going. Don't forget your
sanity check!
I believe the problem on windows is that 'localhost' may not be bound
correctly in whatever windows uses for a hosts file. I saw some folks
having similar problems at a recent meetup but never did get a chance to
chase it down.

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 12:39 PM, Joel Witherspoon <
Existing account

No account? Register here.