Forum: Ruby on Rails OpenRico LiveGrid or similar

Hi

Has anyone used OpenRico's "on-demand listbox" LiveGrid or something
similar in a Rails app already? How well does it behave?

I'm asking this because I need a scrollable list but the number of
records in the table could be well above 5000. In the past I've used
similar "on-demand fetchings" in desktop apps and it was a real
blessing (the database load was kept low and the app's speed was
fantastic). Using the conventional techniques such as paginated
browsing is out of the question in the app I'm going to develop.

If not, would anyone be interested in getting this (and some other
stuff such as the accordion from OpenRico) as a plug-in or added to
Rails itself in a way similar as to Protoype and script.alico.us are
transparently merged into form_remote and RJS?

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
4353600bbb6b6e0950e62f7f44e49dd5?d=identicon&s=25 Steven Smith (Guest)
Hi Peter,

The Rico website is actually done in Rails so the LiveGrid demo there
is working with Rail already.  Richard Cowin, the Rico architect, and
I have discussed the possibility of added Rico support to Rails in
some fashion, perhaps as Prototype and script.alico.us are as you
mentioned.  I'll forward your email to Richard offline and he can
follow up with you directly.

Also, if anyone else is interested in formally adding some sort of
Rico support to Rails, we'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Steven Smith
FiveRuns
30269682335f1fb247d71969fa715b5e?d=identicon&s=25 Roberto Saccon (rsaccon)
Openrico has also a nice implementation of rounded corners which already
got
extracted for the purpose of using with rails:

http://encytemedia.com/blog/articles/2005/12/01/ri...
On 08 Feb 2006, at 17:32, Roberto Saccon wrote:

> Openrico has also a nice implementation of rounded corners which
> already got extracted for the purpose of using with rails:
>
> http://encytemedia.com/blog/articles/2005/12/01/ri...
> corners-without-all-of-rico

Nice, thanks for the link!

Best regards