Forum: Ruby on Rails ungenerate / remove scaffold command?

B0be4bfef5a22697a0f44f4fe295aaef?d=identicon&s=25 James Whittaker (aftershock)
on 2006-02-08 08:44
I have seen this somewhere and can't find it now. Is there an ungenerate
or remove command for the scaffold generator. It would be easier than
removing all the files by hand.

I have tried ./script/ungenerate but no luck.

Thanks
D5e95369c4366d0ccd6a21828ca11c79?d=identicon&s=25 Brendon Gleeson (Guest)
James Whittaker wrote:
> I have seen this somewhere and can't find it now. Is there an ungenerate
> or remove command for the scaffold generator. It would be easier than
> removing all the files by hand.

Furthermore, I need help renaming a controller and associated
scaffolding, model, etc..
  - I guess this is why you should plan suff before hand ;)
My problem is that I was just dabbling with rails and within a month I
had a new intranet system!
F3dc06f587d1ff4c7366b102bfda9204?d=identicon&s=25 David Mitchell (Guest)
script/destroy scaffold ...
F3dc06f587d1ff4c7366b102bfda9204?d=identicon&s=25 David Mitchell (Guest)
In the past when I've had to rename controller/model/etc., I've just
moved files around, renamed classes by hand, etc.  I figure doing that
is fair punishment for not planning properly beforehand, and it gives
me an incentive to do things better next time...

No idea if there's a simpler way to do it or not; kind of doubt it,
since you could have made all sorts of changes to the insides of a
controller, and how would a script track all the dependencies that
you've introduced?

Regards

Dave M.