Forum: Ruby on Rails DB2 and SQL Server Drivers

424836d90dca99b38d97cb856c18fde2?d=identicon&s=25 G. Scott Gelb (Guest)
Greetings,

    I was wondering if anyone on this list has any experience using
Ruby/Rails with either DB2 or SQLServer. We're currently in the later
planning stages of two RoR applications and I'm not 100% sure about the
state of these two drivers. Googling for this information locates
multiple sites that discuss various driver implementations (DBI, etc)
for both databases. However, I can't really glean how realistic it is to
use RoR for an application that requires a DB2 (legacy) or SQLServer
datasource. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott
D895471fbc8b3b1233a250186d542af8?d=identicon&s=25 Alexey Verkhovsky (alexeyv)
G. Scott Gelb wrote:

>    I was wondering if anyone on this list has any experience using
>Ruby/Rails with either DB2 or SQLServer. We're currently in the later
>planning stages of two RoR applications and I'm not 100% sure about the
>state of these two drivers. Googling for this information locates
>multiple sites that discuss various driver implementations (DBI, etc)
>for both databases. However, I can't really glean how realistic it is to
>use RoR for an application that requires a DB2 (legacy) or SQLServer
>datasource. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I use ActiveRecord with SQLServer. It is workable, although not entirely
without issues. Search for SqlServer at
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/report/1.

Best regards,
Alexey Verkhovsky