Forum: Ruby on Rails RTRails now open sourced

733b5983d61a6f9c0c7ba59834fdf90f?d=identicon&s=25 Martin Scheffler (Guest)
on 2006-02-06 18:05
Hi, if anyone is interested in HTTP streaming and realtime
communication:

Our RTRails project is now finished.

I uploaded RTRails to Rubyforge. Here is the project page:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/rtrails/

Here is a video showing two browsers using the app, Safari in Pull mode,
Firefox in push mode:
http://www.uni-weimar.de/~scheffl2/amsterdam/video.php

Here is a technical paper about the system:
http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/1251/314/Coop...

The live demo is still running at http://ccml01.medien.uni-weimar.de/

Sorry if something does not work for you, I did not have time to
optimize the system for every browser out there. Also, it seems to be
pretty slow under Firefox, DIV handling complexity seems to rise
nonlinear, so many windows=>slow.

It seems that the rubyforge mirroring system does not work so great,
please use CVS checkout if you want to get the source.

Cheers,
Martin
0bcc972918891ef358b0b3dfb4e7f18b?d=identicon&s=25 Hammed Malik (Guest)
Martin,

I enjoyed testing the demo application and reading the whitepaper.
Thanks
for sharing.

Hammed
132a94ca65959bda6c74fae54bff2425?d=identicon&s=25 Ezra Zygmuntowicz (Guest)
Martin-

	Very cool demo. I am in need of something like this already so i
will test it and give feedback once I get familiar with it.

Nice job-
-Ezra

On Feb 6, 2006, at 9:05 AM, Martin Scheffler wrote:

> Firefox in push mode:
> optimize the system for every browser out there. Also, it seems to be

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
ezra@yakima-herald.com
30269682335f1fb247d71969fa715b5e?d=identicon&s=25 Roberto Saccon (rsaccon)
I can't download the files from rubyforge, I get a 404 error.
7b829a0c4495eb471379bcc786307a95?d=identicon&s=25 Matt Secoske (Guest)
This looks awesome Martin...  I was about to start researching something
similar to this.  Very cool!

Thank you for being so generous.

- Matt