Forum: Ruby on Rails acts_as_nested_set

7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (Guest)
Where can I see the API acts_as_nested_set constructs? I've read its
page in api.rubyonrails.com but I don't see how to manage the tree
from there.

-- fxn
Af93ba6b6b59f22a8f37e8de5702ef98?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Silva (Guest)
Xavier,

Open the source file, its in the acts directory under activerecord.
To get some idea of how to use it, read the comments in that file.
I will probably work on another screencast to demonstrate how to use it
since its very similar to my acts_as_threaded plugin. So similar in
fact,
you may learn something by viewing my acts as threaded screencast,
although
the acts_as_threaded goes a little further to automate the parent_child
relationship. Inside the acts_as_nested_set.rb file, there is a URL you
can
go to and find out more about the nested_set model in general.

Bob Silva
http://www.railtie.net/
Eb96620826312516bb4a2d6deeee6688?d=identicon&s=25 Jean-Christophe Michel (Guest)
Xavier Noria a écrit :
> Where can I see the API acts_as_nested_set constructs? I've read its
> page in api.rubyonrails.com but I don't see how to manage the tree  from
> there.

See my patch http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/2795 that adds some
necessary methods.
I'll move it as engine or plugin as soon as possible.

--
Jean-Christophe Michel