Forum: Ruby on Rails Accessing Strongspace from a rails app

Ff43001ac5fe9805aa6ca2e89d3b7b5d?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Janovetz (janovetz)
on 2006-02-05 17:04
Is there any information on how to go about accessing a strongspace
account from a rails app?  What are the preferred methods for doing
this?

Are there plugins for RoR that support SFTP transfers and so on?

   Jake
Ff43001ac5fe9805aa6ca2e89d3b7b5d?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Janovetz (janovetz)
on 2006-02-08 16:18
Jake Janovetz wrote:
> Is there any information on how to go about accessing a strongspace
> account from a rails app?  What are the preferred methods for doing
> this?
>
> Are there plugins for RoR that support SFTP transfers and so on?

Does a anyone from the Strongspace camp have any input on this?  It
would be useful for me to add Strongspace storage capability to my app.

   Jake
30bdc2d6997318ee340e73382fc48ece?d=identicon&s=25 toby sterrett (Guest)
on 2006-02-08 18:30
Jake Janovetz wrote:

> Does a anyone from the Strongspace camp have any input on this?  It
> would be useful for me to add Strongspace storage capability to my app.

yes, this would be great. basecamp does the sftp thing to strongspace,
although when you try to access the files that have been uploaded, it
goes to the login page to continue, due to strongspace's secure nature.
it'd be great if there was a way around this, perhaps using a rails
send_file or something like that that would log in to the strongspace
account to access the file and send it to the user, rather than the user
having to log in. not sure if that's possible with their model though.

toby
Ff43001ac5fe9805aa6ca2e89d3b7b5d?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Janovetz (janovetz)
on 2006-02-08 20:35
toby sterrett wrote:
> Jake Janovetz wrote:
>
>> Does a anyone from the Strongspace camp have any input on this?  It
>> would be useful for me to add Strongspace storage capability to my app.
>
> yes, this would be great. basecamp does the sftp thing to strongspace,
> although when you try to access the files that have been uploaded, it
> goes to the login page to continue, due to strongspace's secure nature.
> it'd be great if there was a way around this, perhaps using a rails
> send_file or something like that that would log in to the strongspace
> account to access the file and send it to the user, rather than the user
> having to log in. not sure if that's possible with their model though.
>
> toby

I haven't actually used basecamp's file storage methods.  How does it
handle Strongspace -- I guess I figured it provided a gateway through to
Strongspace.  Is this not the case?