Forum: Ruby on Rails file_column + form_remote_tag

4bd34a2216dc8bdbf1f017f64e4d59e8?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Maxwell (Guest)
For my weekend project, I'm going to get form_remote_tag and
file_column playing happily together.  According to my research, no
one has done this yet.  If you happen to have tried this, and have
some workable code, send me an email.  I'd rather not duplicate the
effort.

Thanks!

--
Kyle Maxwell
Chief Technologist

Kyle, if you make it work, let us know !

What I am currently experimenting with, is a small flash movie which
does
asynchrounous fileupload as demonstrated at

http://www.aflax.org/examples/fileupload/fileupload.html

But I have problems integrating it into file_column, because I can't add
other fields to the upload POST, becaue that is done by the flash movie.
So
I think to upload just the file first and then when upload is finished,
trigger an AJAX call to access the latest uploaded file for letting the
user
fill out the other filelds of that record.
Ffa24632ff1dd387b4105a7a325d31f5?d=identicon&s=25 james (Guest)
on 2006-02-07 19:40
Any conclusion to this?
On 2/7/06, james <jamesr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any conclusion to this?
>
> --

I got something working, but I couldn't get the RJS templates to work
with it.  Does anyone have any inclination to help out?  All I need is
the javascript that will apply the RJS loaded within the body of an
iframe.

--
Kyle Maxwell
Chief Technologist
E Factor Media // FN Interactive
kyle@efactormedia.com
1-866-263-3261
7a5ed48939fc288a4c70778140b203f6?d=identicon&s=25 Adam Roth (aroth)
I'd be willing to help out if I can see what you've done. I've been
using
RJS quite extensively since it appeared in the trunk.
4bd34a2216dc8bdbf1f017f64e4d59e8?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Maxwell (Guest)
On 2/7/06, james <jamesr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any conclusion to this?
>
> --

I posted a crude version of a plugin that allows you to use
form_remote_tag to upload files.  It ONLY does RJS callbacks.  No
:update, no :complete, nothing.  Please send me lots of tickets.  I'm
really not too keen to develop more functionality than the bare bones
that I need, but I'm more than happy to help coordinate a group
effort.  So create lots of tickets!

Collaboa: dev.kylemaxwell.com
SVN: http://svn.kylemaxwell.com/form_remote_upload/trunk/