Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Rolling with Ruby on *Instant* Rails - "New" Tutorial

Greetings!

The original version of this tutorial was written by Curt Hibbs and
published on ONLamp.com. It served as my introduction to both Ruby and
Rails. Unfortunately, I experienced some frustration working through it.
This was due first to the fact that I was using Instant Rails, not
Rails, and second, to the fact that Rails itself has grown since Curt
wrote the article. Despite my frustration, the payoff was huge. Ruby on
[Instant]Rails ROCKS!!! In an effort to help "fuel the fire" I decided,
with his blessing, to update Curt's article to make it 100%
keystroke-for-keystroke, window-for-window accurate for someone using
this same tutorial for InstantRails Release 1.0 installed on Windows
2000, SP4.  All feedback is welcome.

It's at
http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?Rol...

Best regards,
Bill
C475cffda1800fbc3f3af17bc10c220f?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hibbs (Guest)
FYI...

[...]

66247570dbe0c350a165cdabc2769ba1?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Robinson (Guest)
On 3 Feb 2006, at 22:02, Bill Walton wrote:

> article to make it 100% keystroke-for-keystroke, window-for-window
> accurate for someone using this same tutorial for InstantRails
> Release 1.0 installed on Windows 2000, SP4.  All feedback is welcome.
>
> It's at http://instantrails.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?
> Rolling_With_Ruby_On_Instant_Rails_Tutorial

I've added it to a squidoo lens here:

http://www.squidoo.com/learnrubyonrails

If anybody else has any resources - I've been out of the loop for a
few weeks, can they e-mail me off-list and when I give the page an
overhaul tomorrow, I'll make sure it gets included. Thanks!

P.S. - Great work Bill!