Forum: Rails Engines [ANN] Riki, a Rails Engines Wiki

A6cd05d51f0a40a56a1c235620ebdfec?d=identicon&s=25 Bart Masschelein (Guest)
Hello folks,

We're proud to announce the first version of Riki, -yet another- a wiki
using Engines. It started from an Engine-ification of the latest version
from i2, from a while ago, and since then more functionality has been
added, to become what it is now: a fairly usable wiki. So far for the
promo talk. More motivation for "why Riki?" can be found on
http://smart-engines.dyndns.org/riki/, together with information on how
to obtain it and install it.

Riki features currently:

* Multiple books, controllable from an admin page
* Menu, editable from within the wiki
* Import wiki from Instiki, and i2, or any Textile-based wiki
* Deleting pages
   This will rename all links to this page to something like [page x is
removed]
* Renaming pages
   This will also rename all links to this page, preserving the name
behind the pipe.
* Overview of populated pages, awaiting pages, and orphaned pages

and will be extended with

* File upload
* Login- and UserEngine
* Search functionality (to come very soon)
* Some more base wiki features

Go ahead, and try it out, and please do send any remarks. They may be
positive or negative, as long as they constructive ;-). What would be
interesting is how well it serves what it (and Engines in general) is
meant for: a wiki application to incorporate easily in an existing Rails
application.

Enjoy,

Bart.
Excellent work Bart, it looks great :)