Forum: Ruby Help installing ruby-odbc on XP

Cde4ce7f2f5caf468c0a59c308368b9b?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Ching (eching)
I am trying to install ruby-odbc on Windows XP and am stuck at the
first command.  When I run ruby extconf.rb, I get the following:

C:\lib\ruby-odbc-0.996>ruby extconf.rb
checking for sql.h... yes
checking for sqlext.h... yes
checking for SQLTCHAR... yes
checking for odbcinst.h... yes
checking for SQLAllocConnect() in -lodbc32... no
Can not locate odbc libraries

I copied the odbc_utf8.so and odbc.so to the following location
.../ruby/1.8/i386-msvcrt according to the documentation.

I'm a bit of a newb, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
eric
On 2/3/06, eching <bingopajama@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to install ruby-odbc on Windows XP and am stuck at the
> first command.  When I run ruby extconf.rb, I get the following:

It's built into the one click installer. :)
C475cffda1800fbc3f3af17bc10c220f?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hibbs (Guest)
On 2/3/06, Gregory Brown <gregory.t.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/3/06, eching <bingopajama@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to install ruby-odbc on Windows XP and am stuck at the
> > first command.  When I run ruby extconf.rb, I get the following:
>
> It's built into the one click installer. :)

Yes, the easiest route would be to use the One-Click Ruby Installer
for Windows which comes with the ODBC support already built. You can
find it here:

  http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/

Curt
Cde4ce7f2f5caf468c0a59c308368b9b?d=identicon&s=25 Eric Ching (eching)
You know....I am using the one-click installer.  duh.

Yeah, it's there.  yay, I can now happily replace perl with ruby as my
language of choice for writing test scripts. Thanks for that tip.