Forum: Ruby Ruby subverion bindings

Cfdeff3ac35010e4de8f85d954f24f4a?d=identicon&s=25 Damphyr (Guest)
Has anybody used them? I'm talking about the new 1.3 release.
The python examples in the subversion book don't exactly help and I am
sorely missing installation instructions.
I have 0 (read this *zero*) SWIG experience so the whole task seems a
bit much.
Anybody can point me to the right direction?

On another note (slightly off-topic in this list, but I also ask in the
subversion lists :) ): I would really like to see a binary distribution
for these bindings. A gem would be really nice! Who do I talk to about
helping? Is anyone interested?
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva
A4a4095ff08bd0fced3c3fddbeac743a?d=identicon&s=25 Cameron McBride (Guest)
> Anybody can point me to the right direction?

Well, there is this:

http://rscm.rubyforge.org/

Cameron
9b13522e3b75d56c2949a5030eaaff70?d=identicon&s=25 Johan Sörensen (Guest)

On 2/3/06, Damphyr <damphyr@freemail.gr> wrote:
> Has anybody used them? I'm talking about the new 1.3 release.
> The python examples in the subversion book don't exactly help and I am
> sorely missing installation instructions.
> I have 0 (read this *zero*) SWIG experience so the whole task seems a
> bit much.
> Anybody can point me to the right direction?

I've used them since they first surfaced in the RC's, mostly for a OSS
project of mine called Collaboa (collaboa.org), which is a Trac
inspired thing..

I've promised to start writing some docs for the bindings, but haven't
gotten that far yet. Your best chance of learning is by looking at the
unit tests for the ruby bindings, and the lib in the subversion
distribution (./subversion/bindings/swig/ruby/). and the two ruby
examples in ./tools/examples/ of the tarball. And perhaps even by
looking at my code, as a last resort. ;)

I am not familiar with any other (open sourcy) libs/projects that uses
 the svn-rb bindings yet, but perhaps they're out there?

Cheers,
JS
Hi Johan,

In <689059740602031252wff169c8rd0ffaa99ede0621e@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: Ruby subverion bindings" on Sat, 4 Feb 2006 05:52:27 +0900,
  Johan Sörensen <johans@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've promised to start writing some docs for the bindings, but haven't
> gotten that far yet.

I'm waiting for you! :)
# But it is not necessary to hurry up. It's OK when you are
# free.

Regards,