Forum: Ruby on Rails Encoding/Compiling Ruby Code?

97ca2e94ba373515aa387feee67d613e?d=identicon&s=25 Joshua Gitlin (Guest)
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know of a way to compile/encode/obfuscate a Rails app?
Similar to the Zend Encoder? You know, some way to distribute your
application without distributing the source code...

-Josh
Joshua Gitlin wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> Does anyone know of a way to compile/encode/obfuscate a Rails app?
> Similar to the Zend Encoder? You know, some way to distribute your
> application without distributing the source code...
Nope.  Ruby's interpreter doesn't have a convenient intermediate
bytecode, so it can't be done at the moment.  The best bet (for now) is
hosting it yourself, or relying on a good contract and copyright law.