Forum: Rails Engines WikiEngine: html <-> wiki syntax conversion as new engine?

8520bd1ba7ef07ee81484fbda8ef4cbb?d=identicon&s=25 Henrik =?iso-8859-1?Q?Orm=E5sen?= (Guest)
I'm working on a news publishing system. I would like to use wiki
syntax in this system. I will believe the code for conversion between
html and wiki syntax can be separated in an new engine?

If you who are developing WikiEngine don't have the time, I can
probably contribute (but in case; please tell me where the relevant
code are).

- Henrik
2f46d76f0e5db4dc318b03be07ebaac4?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Ward (Guest)
> I'm working on a news publishing system. I would like to use wiki
> syntax in this system. I will believe the code for conversion between
> html and wiki syntax can be separated in an new engine?

There are already existing wiki syntax libraries in ruby, RedCloth
(Textile syntax) and BlueCloth (markdown syntax).  It's easy to
incorporate either of these into a rails app, be it an engine, plugin,
whatever.

Tom Ward