Forum: Ruby on Rails [ADV] Rails Recipes Beta Book is now available

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
5d06917e13b29bcff1c1609492c06873?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Thomas (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 05:38
(Received via mailing list)
I'm delighted to announce that Chad Fowler's new book, Rails Recipes,
is now available
as a Beta Book.

This is  a great title for folks who know Rails, and for folks who
want to get the most out of Rails. It contains detailed recipes for
doing real-world things with Rails, all illustrated with working
code. Some examples are drawn from Rails 1.1, the rest from Rails 1.0.

If you're used to other recipe-style books, you'll be surprised by
the depth Chad goes to in this book. These aren't the usual "How to
substitute a string into a template" recipes. Instead, you'll find
code to solve the kinds of problems you face in real applications:
using multiple databases, handling sortable lists, using tags, and
many, many more.

Right now, we're about 1/3 done. The current beta PDF contains 21
recipes: we'll be growing it to about 70 recipes over the coming
months. As well as the opportunity for the usual great feedback, one
reason we're releasing this early is to solicit ideas for other
recipes folks would like to see.

As always with our Beta Books, you'll be able to get lifetime updates
to the PDF, both during the beta process and for the life of this
edition of the book. If you also order the paper book, it'll ship
just as soon as we have it in stock (probably sometime in May or
June, but you know what authors are like...)

You can buy the book via http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr


Thanks



Dave
Ff82af3238a57fbd1212832ec1a19f28?d=identicon&s=25 Dylan Stamat (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 06:09
(Received via mailing list)
Excellent !  Geat job Chad and team !!   Keep em' coming :)
290cf664d9e6f823fc3af57556493db7?d=identicon&s=25 PJ Hyett (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 06:18
(Received via mailing list)
Looking forward to reading this. Thank you :-)

Sincerely,
PJ Hyett
Af93ba6b6b59f22a8f37e8de5702ef98?d=identicon&s=25 Bob Silva (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 06:24
(Received via mailing list)
Just downloaded it Dave. Where would you like ideas for other recipes
sent
to? You see a lot of repeating patterns here on the list and it would be
nice to have those covered as well if possible.

Bob Silva
http://www.railtie.net/
7ed3175d60e44aa7cb891973223e3998?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Fowler (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 07:00
(Received via mailing list)
On 2/2/06, Bob Silva <me@bobsilva.com> wrote:
> Just downloaded it Dave. Where would you like ideas for other recipes sent
> to? You see a lot of repeating patterns here on the list and it would be
> nice to have those covered as well if possible.
>
> Bob Silva
> http://www.railtie.net/
>

Hi Bob.  Thanks for downloading the book!

Please send any ideas you have.  I'd be delighted to hear from anyone
who has recipe ideas.  The best address is chad @ chadfowler.com

Thanks!

--
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr/ (Rails Recipes)
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/mjwti/ (My Job Went to India,
and All I Got Was This Lousy Book)
http://rubycentral.org
http://rubygarden.org
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over one million gems served!)
54a6b9398d00029e77136b852e32a1bf?d=identicon&s=25 Jim Freeze (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 07:15
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 2, 2006, at 11:58 PM, Chad Fowler wrote:

>
> Please send any ideas you have.  I'd be delighted to hear from anyone
> who has recipe ideas.  The best address is chad @ chadfowler.com
>

Hey Chad. Great book. I have an idea for a recipe.
I want to develop a web app that will make me a lot
of money. Can you show the recipe that  will let me
do that? Oh, can you make it in less than 100 LOC.
I don't have a lot of time to type it in.

;>)

Seriously, I'm looking forward to reading what you have so far.

Jim Freeze
311849893e0a9c683419fd77e6c52e7e?d=identicon&s=25 Mikkel Bruun (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 08:52
(Received via mailing list)
Bought it...

Looks great...

Mikkel
7ed3175d60e44aa7cb891973223e3998?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Fowler (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 16:06
(Received via mailing list)
On 2/2/06, Jim Freeze <rails@freeze.org> wrote:
> do that? Oh, can you make it in less than 100 LOC.
> I don't have a lot of time to type it in.
>
> ;>)


Hey Jim!  I'm afraid that if you want to make a lot of money with
Rails you're going to need to type at _least_ 500 lines if not 600
lines of code.  Sorry.  :)
--
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr/ (Rails Recipes)
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/mjwti/ (My Job Went to India,
and All I Got Was This Lousy Book)
http://rubycentral.org
http://rubygarden.org
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over one million gems served!)
2b2c2a705ed12f8fb327c7b4c56456c6?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Hussey (seanhussey)
on 2006-02-03 20:02
(Received via mailing list)
Wow, I am already loving this book.  Chapters 11 and 12 are worth the
price alone.  There are several tutorials on the web and on the wiki
and so forth, but sometimes that's the problem--which method do you
choose?

I also love looking into the process behind writing the book.  This
made me laugh out loud (page 61):

If no matching Right is found, a message is put into the flash, and
the browser is redirected to either the page from which it came (if
any) or the application's unprotected home page (see rec.named.routes,
on page ??) as defined in fig.missing, on page ??.

Keep up the good work!

Sean
7ed3175d60e44aa7cb891973223e3998?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Fowler (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 20:20
(Received via mailing list)
On 2/3/06, Sean Hussey <seanhussey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, I am already loving this book.  Chapters 11 and 12 are worth the
> price alone.  There are several tutorials on the web and on the wiki
> and so forth, but sometimes that's the problem--which method do you
> choose?
>

Thanks so much!  I'm _very_ happy that you're getting a lot out of it.
 I'm very proud of what we've got so far, and I can't wait to see what
comes out of the feedback from the Beta process.  It's my first time
doing a Beta book and I believe it's going to have a profound impact
on the quality of the finished book.

> I also love looking into the process behind writing the book.  This
> made me laugh out loud (page 61):
>
> If no matching Right is found, a message is put into the flash, and
> the browser is redirected to either the page from which it came (if
> any) or the application's unprotected home page (see rec.named.routes,
> on page ??) as defined in fig.missing, on page ??.
>

Oops!  todo_list <<

Chad
--
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr/ (Rails Recipes - In Beta!)
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/mjwti/ (My Job Went to India,
and All I Got Was This Lousy Book)
http://rubycentral.org
http://rubygarden.org
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over one million gems served!)
Ba0573ea878c3178267fba2a8a0fb0d7?d=identicon&s=25 Thomas Kirchner (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 20:39
(Received via mailing list)
> Hey Jim!  I'm afraid that if you want to make a lot of money with
> Rails you're going to need to type at _least_ 500 lines if not 600
> lines of code.  Sorry.  :)

This sounds like a challenge to me ;)

(An entirely possible challenge, with Rails and just a *bit* of
golfing.)

Tom
7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (Guest)
on 2006-02-03 21:19
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 3, 2006, at 20:19, Chad Fowler wrote:

> doing a Beta book and I believe it's going to have a profound impact
> on the quality of the finished book.

I am eager to buy the beta version, but if I read the book from cover
to cover and next week a new revision is out, will you publish
somewhere the delta so one can incrementally stay in sync?

-- fxn
A63764f318f10379c8b51349b757cf4b?d=identicon&s=25 Jay Levitt (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 02:15
(Received via mailing list)
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:16:05 +0100, Xavier Noria wrote:

> I am eager to buy the beta version, but if I read the book from cover
> to cover and next week a new revision is out, will you publish
> somewhere the delta so one can incrementally stay in sync?

+!!  I've been keeping up on the Agile Web book, and although I realize
the
errata provide some of the info, the lack of a full changelog is
frustrating.  I even tried doing an Acrobat diff one time (I've got the
full version), but after letting it sit and think for an hour, I gave
up...

Jay Levitt
5d06917e13b29bcff1c1609492c06873?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Thomas (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 07:41
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 3, 2006, at 2:16 PM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> I am eager to buy the beta version, but if I read the book from
> cover to cover and next week a new revision is out, will you
> publish somewhere the delta so one can incrementally stay in sync?

Low level changes (bug fixes) are tracked on the errata pages.

High-level changes (new material) is mentioned in the announcements
of new betas.

Some stuff will probably fall between the cracks, but finding it will
be part of the joy of reading :)


Dave
5b1c58ca5016a810cc7e54db31bf90ce?d=identicon&s=25 NexusNeo - Niket Patel (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 07:41
(Received via mailing list)
Purchased Book and downloaded.
But just curious that will any update i will receive automatically to my
email or need to check web site regularly?
This is the first book I'm purcashed under beta programme so curious.

-Niket Patel

On 2/3/06, Dave Thomas <dave@pragprog.com> wrote:
> If you're used to other recipe-style books, you'll be surprised by
> recipes folks would like to see.
> Thanks
>
>
>
> Dave
> _______________________________________________
> Rails mailing list
> Rails@lists.rubyonrails.org
> http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails
>



--
Best Regards,
Niket Patel
For NexusNeo Exim
(A Div of NexusNeo System & Exim Pvt. Ltd)
Tel:  +91 79 23244557
Fax: +91 79 23246531
E-mail: info@nexusneo.com
Web:   www.nexusneo.com
7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 07:59
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 2:12, Jay Levitt wrote:

> the
> full version), but after letting it sit and think for an hour, I
> gave up...

I have the same experience. I think this is something to be improved
in their flow of publishing.

With the errata page you don't know what has been fixed for which
revision. The very third column label is confusing because it
mentions "fixed" and "reported"!  Revisions are a great innovation,
but to round the circle from a user's view a changelog of some sort
is needed. I bet they have the info, maybe is only that errata page
that IMHO has to be redesigned.

-- fxn
0091f92762685860109bbcb02edfdf27?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 11:04
(Received via mailing list)
Dave
     > Low level changes (bug fixes) are tracked on the errata pages.

See the many reports in this list and over time: the erratas pages is
confusing/completely useless.
And it's surprising, seeing how well rounded is everything else in the
beta book experience.

A little redesign of this page is all that's needed, but it's badly
needed.


Alain
5d06917e13b29bcff1c1609492c06873?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Thomas (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 16:15
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 12:59 AM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> With the errata page you don't know what has been fixed for which
> revision. The very third column label is confusing because it
> mentions "fixed" and "reported"!  Revisions are a great innovation,
> but to round the circle from a user's view a changelog of some sort
> is needed. I bet they have the info, maybe is only that errata page
> that IMHO has to be redesigned.


The 'reported in' field is the version of the book that is know to
contain the error, and the 'fixed in' field is the version that
contains the fix.

So, if you previously had (say) P1.2, and you want to know what's
different in the very latest version, select P1.2 in the drop-down
list at the top of the page, and view all the errata marked as 'fixed'.


Dave
5d06917e13b29bcff1c1609492c06873?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Thomas (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 16:18
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 4:01 AM, Alain Ravet wrote:

> Dave
>     > Low level changes (bug fixes) are tracked on the errata pages.
>
> See the many reports in this list and over time: the erratas pages
> is confusing/completely useless.
> And it's surprising, seeing how well rounded is everything else in
> the beta book experience.
>
> A little redesign of this page is all that's needed, but it's badly
> needed.

Tell me what's needed, and I'll look into it.
0091f92762685860109bbcb02edfdf27?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 17:53
(Received via mailing list)
Dave

    > Tell me what's needed, and I'll look into it.

There should be a simple way to print a clean - long - page with all the
changes that apply to a pdf version.
Currently, everything is mixed up -errors, typos, suggestions etc..- and
the last column is cryptic and confusing (fixed In, fixed On).

I've printed, bound and heavily annotated version 2.0 of the pdf, so I
don't plan to replace it soon. I'd like to correct the errors though,
hence my wish for a way to track them easily.


Alain
0091f92762685860109bbcb02edfdf27?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 18:05
(Received via mailing list)
Alain Ravet wrote:
     > Currently, everything is mixed up -errors, typos, suggestions
etc..-

and it's 25 page long.

I just need the errors, typos and improvements.
=> a simple configurable filter would already be a great help.

Alain
7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 18:30
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 16:12, Dave Thomas wrote:

>
> The 'reported in' field is the version of the book that is know to
> contain the error, and the 'fixed in' field is the version that
> contains the fix.
>
> So, if you previously had (say) P1.2, and you want to know what's
> different in the very latest version, select P1.2 in the drop-down
> list at the top of the page, and view all the errata marked as
> 'fixed'.

Certainly, I didn't understand the three labels in the header of the
column corresponded to three potential entries in the same cell. I
was confused by the header. When I have had a glance at that page I
have not noticed that most cells have one line, but some more, and
that has to do with the header. Now that I see it I understand it,
but I honestly think the usability of the interface needs a revision.

Why did you do this instead of having just three standard columns and
one bit of information per cell, as usual? I believe that would be
more obvious. In addition, I think it would be really useful for the
reader to offer an additional simple page "new stuff on this
revision" that presents only that.

-- fxn
7ed3175d60e44aa7cb891973223e3998?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Fowler (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 18:33
(Received via mailing list)
On 2/3/06, NexusNeo - Niket Patel <niket@nexusneo.com> wrote:
> Purchased Book and downloaded.
> But just curious that will any update i will receive automatically to my
> email or need to check web site regularly?
> This is the first book I'm purcashed under beta programme so curious.
>

Hi and thanks!

You will receive emails when updates are available, so you don't need
to continue to go back to the site.

I hope you enjoy and benefit from the book!

--
Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_rr/ (Rails Recipes - In Beta!)
http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/mjwti/ (My Job Went to India,
and All I Got Was This Lousy Book)
http://rubycentral.org
http://rubygarden.org
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org (over one million gems served!)
7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 18:36
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 18:28, Xavier Noria wrote:

> Certainly, I didn't understand the three labels in the header of
> the column corresponded to three potential entries in the same
> cell. I was confused by the header. When I have had a glance at
> that page I have not noticed that most cells have one line, but
> some more, and that has to do with the header. Now that I see it I
> understand it, but I honestly think the usability of the interface
> needs a revision.

I forgot to mention that there's not even a correspondence with three
lines in the cell, because at least in my browser the lines wrap:

     http://www.hashref.com/img/agile_errata.png

Nah, I think that column needs a split.

-- fxn
0091f92762685860109bbcb02edfdf27?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 18:48
(Received via mailing list)
Chad
     > You will receive emails when updates are available, so you don't
need
     > to continue to go back to the site.

When the next version is available, please make it clear what's been -
seriously - changed and needs to be reprinted.


Alain
5d06917e13b29bcff1c1609492c06873?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Thomas (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 19:03
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 10:50 AM, Alain Ravet wrote:

> Dave
>
>    > Tell me what's needed, and I'll look into it.
>
> There should be a simple way to print a clean - long - page with
> all the changes that apply to a pdf version.
> Currently, everything is mixed up -errors, typos, suggestions
> etc..- and the last column is cryptic and confusing (fixed In,
> fixed On).

I can definitely fix the last column: I was trying to save space, but
it's easy to split it.

Would it be useful to be able to list by type: error, typo, etc? If
they've been marked as fixed, they all correspond to changes in the
book. Are you interested in changes, or just in errors? (If the
latter, I can easily add filters to the list)

I really want to get this right, so all suggestions are gratefully
received.


Dave
0091f92762685860109bbcb02edfdf27?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 19:50
(Received via mailing list)
Dave
    > I can definitely fix the last column: I was trying to save space,
but
    > it's easy to split it.


I think you could simplify the whole screen  by 1/adding a 2nd filter,
2/ removing most of the last column, 3/chosing better defaults and
4/using a print.css.

1/ add a 2nd filter :

  fllter 1: "select your current copy"
  filter 2: "display changes since or after .."

2/
    => in the last column, just display the "fixed in' version number;
(it's enough now, thanks to the new filter).



> Would it be useful to be able to list by type: error, typo, etc? If
> they've been marked as fixed, they all correspond to changes in the
> book. Are you interested in changes, or just in errors? (If the latter,
> I can easily add filters to the list)

3/ better default
By default, you should only display what's needed to keep an old copy up
to date with the latest pdf version
=> hide "suggestions, non-problems, ..)

Seeing "suggestions" should be one click-farther.

4/
Another suggestion: if it's possible, remove the "show printable
version" button and use css instead. I only recently noticed the button
because I was not looking for it.
  (I always preview before printing, to see the pages I can trim. If
it's no good for printing, I change the css with Firefox + WebDeveloper,
to hide sidebars, logos, adsense, etc..)


Alain
5d06917e13b29bcff1c1609492c06873?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Thomas (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 21:14
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 12:47 PM, Alain Ravet wrote:

> Dave
>    > I can definitely fix the last column: I was trying to save
> space, but
>    > it's easy to split it.
>
>
> I think you could simplify the whole screen  by 1/adding a 2nd
> filter, 2/ removing most of the last column, 3/chosing better
> defaults and 4/using a print.css.

Is browser support for print CSS's universal enough now? If so, I'll
switch.

> 1/ add a 2nd filter :
>
>  fllter 1: "select your current copy"
>  filter 2: "display changes since or after .."

I must be misunderstanding, because I'm not sure I see the difference
between these: aren't you effectively interested in the changes since
you last applied changes? If you remember to change the page at the
front containing the printing, then the changes will correspond to
the copy.

> 3/ better default
> By default, you should only display what's needed to keep an old
> copy up to date with the latest pdf version
> => hide "suggestions, non-problems, ..)

But suggestions also result in changes to the content if they're
accepted.


Here's a thought, though.  Right now, I show both open errata and
fixed errata on the same page. Perhaps what I want is a totally
separate "change sheet" where you say:

- list all the changes that have been accepted and applied to a book
between version x and version y

That strikes me as being a useful addition, and it seems like it
would give you a lot of what you want. All that would be missing (for
beta books) is the listing of totally new content, and that will
appear on the announcement emails.

Would that new page I'm suggesting work for folks?
4353600bbb6b6e0950e62f7f44e49dd5?d=identicon&s=25 Steven Smith (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 21:14
(Received via mailing list)
Typically you get an email telling you a new version of the beta book
is available for download.
7223c62b7310e164eb79c740188abbda?d=identicon&s=25 Xavier Noria (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 21:14
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 20:04, Dave Thomas wrote:

> - list all the changes that have been accepted and applied to a
> book between version x and version y
>
> That strikes me as being a useful addition, and it seems like it
> would give you a lot of what you want. All that would be missing
> (for beta books) is the listing of totally new content, and that
> will appear on the announcement emails.

That's the one I want.

I guess you mean this, but just in case, I don't care about whether
the fix was proposed and accepted, or independently discovered by the
author. I only care about applied changes not mentioned in the
announcement mail.

-- fxn
0091f92762685860109bbcb02edfdf27?d=identicon&s=25 Alain Ravet (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 21:55
(Received via mailing list)
Dave


    > Is browser support for print CSS's universal enough now? If so,
I'll
    > switch.

I've googled but I couldn't find any mention of a browser support
problem with
    media="print"
.

    >>  filter 2: "display changes since or after .."
    > I must be misunderstanding, because I'm not sure I see the
difference ...


You're right.
I badly wanted to unbloat the latest column and only keep the fixed_in
version number.
There's no simple nor elegant way with the current all-in-one page
design.


    >> 3/ better default
    >> By default, you should only display what's needed to keep an old
copy
    >> up to date with the latest pdf version
    >> => hide "suggestions, non-problems, ..)
    >
    > But suggestions also result in changes to the content if they're
accepted.


I suspect most of the people who access the errata page are only reading
it, not writing.
The defaults should be chosen for this majority.


    > Here's a thought, though....
     >
    > - list all the changes that have been accepted and applied to a
book
    > between version x and version y
    ...
    > Would that new page I'm suggesting work for folks?

Yep.
It's exactly what I - thought I - was asking: a clean and easy way to 1/
see how obsolete my copy is, and 2/ to print a diff list.


Alain
A63764f318f10379c8b51349b757cf4b?d=identicon&s=25 Jay Levitt (Guest)
on 2006-02-04 22:53
(Received via mailing list)
On Sat, 04 Feb 2006 13:04:47 -0600, Dave Thomas wrote:

> Perhaps what I want is a totally
> separate "change sheet" where you say:
>
> - list all the changes that have been accepted and applied to a book
> between version x and version y

Yes, that'd be wonderful!  And, I presume, its inverse would be useful
to
authors, if they don't already get such a report...

Jay Levitt
2b2c2a705ed12f8fb327c7b4c56456c6?d=identicon&s=25 Sean Hussey (seanhussey)
on 2006-02-04 23:23
(Received via mailing list)
On 2/4/06, Dave Thomas <dave@pragprog.com> wrote:
> - list all the changes that have been accepted and applied to a book
> between version x and version y
>
> That strikes me as being a useful addition, and it seems like it
> would give you a lot of what you want. All that would be missing (for
> beta books) is the listing of totally new content, and that will
> appear on the announcement emails.
>
> Would that new page I'm suggesting work for folks?

Yesyesyesyesyesyes.  :)
5d06917e13b29bcff1c1609492c06873?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Thomas (Guest)
on 2006-02-05 03:36
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 4, 2006, at 2:53 PM, Alain Ravet wrote:

> I suspect most of the people who access the errata page are only
> reading it, not writing.
> The defaults should be chosen for this majority.

But.. the report of an errata doesn't mean it has been accepted as
such by the author. Therefore, if you want to update your book, you
should only use things that have been accepted: that means they've
made their way into the book. Suggestions, typos, and so on all
therefore are reflected in changes, but only after they've been
accepted.

Here's the information I carry around for each erratum:

- when it was created
- who created it
- the release of the book the reporter found the problem in
- the PDF and paper page numbers
- the description
- the type (suggestion, typo, etc...)
- the date the author fixed the book (or null)
- the release of the book the author fixed the problem in (or null)

So, I'd like some help:

First:  what would be a good format for listings in the main errata
page? I want to show all errata pertinent to a particular release (as
now).

Second: what should be a good UI to allow folks to create the "list
of changes to apply to my book) listing.

I guess I'm asking: one page, or two. And what should it/they look like.

If people would like to comp some stuff up, it might be an idea to
post to a server, then link from this list.


Thanks for all the feedback.



Dave
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.