Forum: Ruby on Rails allow_empty instead of allow_nil

Cf0076fc09a3b3b1ceff4b664dd7f4ed?d=identicon&s=25 stuff (Guest)
on 2006-02-02 07:52
Is trhere any way how to support allow empty? Rails prefer empty string
than null for database and then validations with allow_nil fails.
B9a732fc30c32098347a0177c75ee27b?d=identicon&s=25 Jeroen Houben (Guest)
stuff wrote:
> Is trhere any way how to support allow empty? Rails prefer empty string
> than null for database and then validations with allow_nil fails.

This thread will probably help you:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/53143#28733

Jeroen