Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem using form_remote_tag and multipart

7fb5fbb71c98194e4d63170314aea238?d=identicon&s=25 Thiago Jackiw (Guest)
I have a form and e file field, and what I'm trying to do is when the
file is uploaded, a div shows the uploaded image using ajax, without
refreshing the page. But the problem I'm having is that with
form_remote_tag it won't accept :multipart => true. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
Thiago Jackiw wrote:
> I have a form and e file field, and what I'm trying to do is when the
> file is uploaded, a div shows the uploaded image using ajax, without
> refreshing the page. But the problem I'm having is that with
> form_remote_tag it won't accept :multipart => true. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks a lot
Ajax simply can't do file uploads cleanly.  Google for hidden iframe
image uploads, though - that's one way around it.
7fb5fbb71c98194e4d63170314aea238?d=identicon&s=25 Thiago Jackiw (Guest)
on 2006-02-01 20:32
Alex Young wrote:
> Thiago Jackiw wrote:
>> I have a form and e file field, and what I'm trying to do is when the
>> file is uploaded, a div shows the uploaded image using ajax, without
>> refreshing the page. But the problem I'm having is that with
>> form_remote_tag it won't accept :multipart => true. Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks a lot
> Ajax simply can't do file uploads cleanly.  Google for hidden iframe
> image uploads, though - that's one way around it.

I was gonna do that, just thought Ajax could handle it. Thanks.
8520bd1ba7ef07ee81484fbda8ef4cbb?d=identicon&s=25 Henrik =?iso-8859-1?Q?Orm=E5sen?= (Guest)
Wed, 01 Feb 2006, Thiago Jackiw wrote:

> I was gonna do that, just thought Ajax could handle it. Thanks.

Did you ever find a somewhat clean solution to this?
Anybody who has suggestions?

- Henrik