Forum: Ruby-Forum.com how to fault find?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Fd3c819069ae0d9af14f99bdb5e48fe5?d=identicon&s=25 Justin Mills (jlm)
on 2006-01-31 10:10
Hi

one section of my forum is reporting an error I can still access threads
indirectly, what's the best place to start, I tried looking at the log
and at the mySQLadmin but not sure where to start.  Suggestions? - It is
the section on rails that has stopped working!

What should I be looking for sorry - very much learning backend as I go.
Fd3c819069ae0d9af14f99bdb5e48fe5?d=identicon&s=25 Justin Mills (jlm)
on 2006-01-31 10:18
Justin Mills wrote:
> Hi
>
> one section of my forum is reporting an error

ie:
http://forum.justinfront.co.uk/forum/2

> I can still access threads indirectly,

http://forum.justinfront.co.uk/topic/4#14

> what's the best place to start, I tried looking at the log
> and at the mySQLadmin but not sure where to start.  Suggestions? - It is
> the section on rails that has stopped working!
>
> What should I be looking for sorry - very much learning backend as I go.
Fd3c819069ae0d9af14f99bdb5e48fe5?d=identicon&s=25 Justin Mills (jlm)
on 2006-01-31 10:20
PS what do I need to download for this crafty colour coding stuff you
now have working or do I just need to adjust the CSS?
3a83969376c805ef5b6042191fdb0ff3?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas S. (andreas)
on 2006-02-01 16:52
Justin Mills wrote:
> Hi
>
> one section of my forum is reporting an error I can still access threads
> indirectly, what's the best place to start, I tried looking at the log
> and at the mySQLadmin but not sure where to start.  Suggestions? - It is
> the section on rails that has stopped working!

Look at log/development.log (or log/production.log, depending on your
RAILS_ENV).
3a83969376c805ef5b6042191fdb0ff3?d=identicon&s=25 Andreas S. (andreas)
on 2006-02-01 16:53
Justin Mills wrote:
> PS what do I need to download for this crafty colour coding stuff you
> now have working

What do you mean?
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.