Forum: Ruby on Rails DamageControl

E201e1f5257eda3ffa671a13bf1736e3?d=identicon&s=25 runman (Guest)
Is there anyone on this list running DamageControl on a
Debian or a Windows system ?  If so would you care to share
how you accomplished this (details ... it's all in the
details) ?  While I will still work through the problems I
am encountering (it's a great learning experience) I would
still like to have a working instance of DamageControl to
use in the meantime.

I am currently following the instructions in the INSTALL
file in the DC download, but it seems to conflict with some
instructions on a site that I have found.

Thanks,
Greg
3f900b38ec3b2c45427c354722fa4ce3?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Fakes (tomfakes)
I am using DC version 0.5.0.1404 on Windows 2003 server.  There was a
start
of a rewrite for 0.6, and I tried that but the code seemed to be very
broken, and questions on the mailing list went unanswered.  0.6 is very
different from 0.5.

0.5 is Ok to work with, but it has a lot of quirks when setting up a
project.  Once it's running, it does an ok job.

I did add the ambient orb support that the UI hints at, and I wrote
about
that here:
http://blog.craz8.com/articles/2005/10/26/ambient-...

I also wrote about how to have a Rails test environment on the DC server
without having a Development environment to copy the database schema
from:
http://blog.craz8.com/articles/2005/10/25/rails-ap...
e-control
B94932ac2862e4728e9011cb272345e2?d=identicon&s=25 John (Guest)
on 2006-04-05 19:51
Tom Fakes wrote:
> I am using DC version 0.5.0.1404 on Windows 2003 server.  There was a
> start
> of a rewrite for 0.6, and I tried that but the code seemed to be very
> broken, and questions on the mailing list went unanswered.  0.6 is very
> different from 0.5.
>
> 0.5 is Ok to work with, but it has a lot of quirks when setting up a
> project.  Once it's running, it does an ok job.
>
> I did add the ambient orb support that the UI hints at, and I wrote
> about
> that here:
> http://blog.craz8.com/articles/2005/10/26/ambient-...
>
> I also wrote about how to have a Rails test environment on the DC server
> without having a Development environment to copy the database schema
> from:
> http://blog.craz8.com/articles/2005/10/25/rails-ap...
> e-control

How did you install that?  The only place I can find it is on a GEM,
which doesn't seem complete (and the DamageControl site warns against
using the GEM for this reason).

This is annoying since I did have it installed on my home PC.

Thanks