Forum: Ruby Re: Question about Lo4R

0f87a861e2527f69b400a8557c8c2d20?d=identicon&s=25 Zach Moazeni (Guest)
It didn't come with the distribution, I installed it via apt-get. Is
anyone else getting an error like this?

-Zach

On Monday 30 January 2006 07:27 am, Alex Combas wrote:
> $ cat /etc/lsb-release
> DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
> DISTRIB_RELEASE=5.10
> DISTRIB_CODENAME=breezy
> DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu (The Breezy Badger Release)"
>
> $ ruby -v
> ruby 1.8.3 (2005-06-23) [i486-linux]

Exactly, 1.8.3 was released on 09/21/2005. Somebody took a development
snapshot instead of taking critical patches and declared it the ruby to
be
used in Ubuntu Breezy. The people who noticed the version were a bit too
late
and Breezy had already been frozen.

Tsume
330f89fc0ab1c546b19150b13d62c931?d=identicon&s=25 David Naseby (Guest)
on 2006-01-30 03:42
Zach Moazeni wrote:
> It didn't come with the distribution, I installed it via apt-get. Is
> anyone else getting an error like this?
>

> -Zach

Have you got Rails installed? It does some monkeypatching to class
Logger. Its aimed at the standard logger, but since neither Logger nor
Log4r are namespaced, and they both are class Logger, it effectively
breaks Log4r.

I think.

David