Forum: Ruby on Rails WEBrick not starting

90bedc2d9234191f2b35dcb9fbbc4390?d=identicon&s=25 Theodore Mills (Guest)
I'm running WinXP and recently upgraded to the most recent version of
rails. Unfortunately script/server gives me

Booting WEBrick...

Then it silently dies without starting. My previous version of rails
can still run WEBrick just fine.

Anybody seen this?

-Theo
Ff43001ac5fe9805aa6ca2e89d3b7b5d?d=identicon&s=25 Jake Janovetz (janovetz)
on 2006-01-29 20:07
Theodore Mills wrote:
> I'm running WinXP and recently upgraded to the most recent version of
> rails. Unfortunately script/server gives me
>
> Booting WEBrick...
>
> Then it silently dies without starting. My previous version of rails
> can still run WEBrick just fine.
>
> Anybody seen this?
>
> -Theo

This often occurs if things are setup improperly with the database.
Though, if you haven't changed anything, I'm not sure...
90bedc2d9234191f2b35dcb9fbbc4390?d=identicon&s=25 Theodore Mills (Guest)
FYI, It looks like this was due to the globalization plugin I had
installed. Once I removed it, WEBrick started up again.

Granted, I had only installed the globalization plugin and hadn't run
its migration procedure, so that could have corrected the problem as
well.