Forum: Ruby on Rails Can't freeze rails on a windows box

722f65031517a7a143744edb7b15a49c?d=identicon&s=25 Hans-Arne Sandem (Guest)

I'm trying to freeze rails on a windows box and get this message(test is
an rails app):

C:\rails\test>rake freeze_gems
(in C:/rails/test)
Freezing to the gems for Rails 1.0.0
rm -rf vendor/rails
mkdir -p vendor/rails
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
rake aborted!
undefined method `to_str' for nil:NilClass

Do you have to use linux to be able to freeze rails??

Hans-Arne
9ab183bb240ffd3a3966d5a615b4bdeb?d=identicon&s=25 Philip Ross (Guest)
Hans-Arne Sandem wrote:
> The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
> The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
> The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
> The system cannot find the path specified.
> rake aborted!
> undefined method `to_str' for nil:NilClass

This is a known issue. See bug 3274 [1], which includes a patch that
looks like it should fix it.

   1. http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/3274

Phil

--