Forum: Rails Engines How to determine Engine version/release #?

A012eb524ad9f0dfe44f0fa2237eaa64?d=identicon&s=25 Brad (Guest)
on 2006-01-27 23:56
If I start pulling from the opensvn server, etc., is there some way to
confirm or find out which version of an engine (engines plugin,
login_engine, user_engine, etc.) I have, once I've installed it in the
vendor/plugins/<engine> directory (i.e., without a version numbered
dir)?

For instance, I would like to first find out which engine plugin I have
already (1.05?)--and I've installed it with script/plugin install (not
SVN, obviously I could figure it out if I did an 'svn co'--but not an
'svn export' however!), then perhaps install one from a particular rev,
like 242... and so on.

Tx,
Brad
A012eb524ad9f0dfe44f0fa2237eaa64?d=identicon&s=25 Brad (Guest)
on 2006-01-31 02:43
> is there some way to
> find out which version of an engine (engines plugin,
> login_engine, user_engine, etc.) I have, once I've installed
> it in the vendor/plugins/<engine> directory [?]

Answering my own question (with offline help from James--thanks!) -->

Look in /vendor/plugins/<engine dir>/CHANGELOG

This will give you the *released* version number.  If you have 'checked
out' a work-in-progress revision from opensvn.csie, then you should be
able to determine the revision using SVN of course; if you exported
however, then (currently) you're out of luck.

There is now a ticket to add a "revision number revealing" rake task to
the engines codebase (tkt #71, found here:
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/rails_engines/tra... ).

~ Brad
There is now support for giving version information with engines -
please check out the latest Engines plugin & documentation for more
details.

- james

On 1/31/06, Brad <ruby-forum@likethesky.com> wrote:
> out' a work-in-progress revision from opensvn.csie, then you should be

* J *
  ~