Forum: Ruby on Rails Multiple database read

Ddc850a63a423c3ff963bdf3a097652f?d=identicon&s=25 Larry Kelly (Guest)
I have to extract data from an odbc connection to another database and
put
into a MySQL database so that my rails app can manipulate it.  What
would be
the best way to set that up?  Would I put the connection info in a
controller, so that the controller method with open and close the
connection?  Any thought?

--
Best Regards,
-Larry

establish_connection(:adapter => "mysql",
                                :host => "localhost",
                                :port => 3306,
                                :database => "GlobalUser_development",
                                :username => "root",
                                :password => "root")
   set_table_name "users"

This allows me to read all day long from the table and associate to
the object from that table however I can't get any of my actions to
write to the table. and rails does not complain about it. When i
click submit it goes through and acts like it made the change to the
table however it doesn't actually do it and the log file is not
throwing any sort of exception.

hope this helps.

Andrew
29b15f133c26b6dac0e4954d61733db9?d=identicon&s=25 Larry Kelly (Guest)
Yes, this does help.  I don't need to right to the other database.
Would
you happen to know where to look for odbc adapter setting info?
-Larry