Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: Rails with DB2

Ab85c20c096d8afe0ca1559956feb710?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
> Anyone has a working installation of DB2 DBI driver for Ruby?
I am not sure, if I fully understand you: the ActiveRecord adapter
for DB2 depends on ruby-db2
(http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/7947/ruby-db...).
It does not use DBI. I have a working installation of ActiveRecord
for DB on Red Hat Linux and there are people out there using it on
AIX, too. There are some problems compiling the ruby-db2 project on
Windows, but some peope are trying to create a binary at the moment.

The current SVN revision of the ActiveRecord adapter passes all unit
tests, but it is not fully integrated in Rails. Scaffolding did not
work properly for timestamps in former versions of ActionView, but it
has been fixed recently. In addition, the Rails framework seems to
make the assumption that every database understands quoted integers,
which is not the case. DB2, e.g., does not. So, when working with DB2
be prepared to insert a to_i or to_s in some places.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Maik
1477a35ec1688db1a92af32a0b6ad782?d=identicon&s=25 Davide Bortolini (Guest)
contact@maik-schmidt.de wrote:
> Hope this helps!
>
> Cheers
>
> Maik