Forum: Ruby borked stuff on ruby-doc.org

http://ruby-doc.org/docs/

That page is linked from the site's main page, and there are a number
of broken links on it (i.e. the Ruby 1.4(!) manual and the RDP specs).
Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> http://ruby-doc.org/docs/
>
> That page is linked from the site's main page, and there are a number
> of broken links on it (i.e. the Ruby 1.4(!) manual and the RDP specs).

A work in progress. :)

The RDP specs are out-dated; I will just remove that link.

I'll fix the 1.4 stuff, though I wonder how many people use it.

Thanks for the heads up,

--
James Britt

8217faf2bfdfa7daf10135d41ddd421e?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Cohen (jeff)
on 2006-01-25 19:18
James,

Thanks for taking on the task of updating the site.

Could you fix the main "Programming Ruby" link that's in the Getting
Started section?  I think that's a really common link for people to
follow.  Some kind of routing error ensues.

Also - not sure how others feel - but I would prefer a link to the
online version of "10 things"
(http://onestepback.org/articles/10things/index.html) or at least
provide both links.  Especially for those of us on Windows who may not
have the built-in ability to deal with .tgz files.

Thanks again!
Jeff

www.softiesonrails.com

James Britt wrote:

> A work in progress. :)
>
> The RDP specs are out-dated; I will just remove that link.
>
> I'll fix the 1.4 stuff, though I wonder how many people use it.

32edd0717b3144d5c58a352d613abdc9?d=identicon&s=25 gabriele renzi (Guest)
James Britt ha scritto:
> Joe Van Dyk wrote:
>
>> http://ruby-doc.org/docs/
>>
>> That page is linked from the site's main page, and there are a number
>> of broken links on it (i.e. the Ruby 1.4(!) manual and the RDP specs).
>

> A work in progress. :)

emh... while we're at it: we have a bit of documentation (translated and
original) in the italian ruby users' group wiki[1].

I'm quite sure it would not be meaningful to add this stuff to
ruby-doc.org, but maybe it would be reasonable to put up a page/section
with links to localized documentation sites.

Just my 2 eurocents :)

[1]http://ruby-it.org , currently a little broken due to something
strange wrt html_diff :/