Forum: Ruby on Rails A way to use link_to_remote in appcontroller?

7e25398f2652b5146fc4545b2728ff6c?d=identicon&s=25 Dave (Guest)
on 2006-01-24 22:20
Hi, in my ApplicationController, I am creating a bunch of text which is
going to be displayed in my view. However, I would like to use
link_to_remote in whats going to be displayed. Any suggestions on how to
do this?
5d78134cb16847bbfad9e03afe5aa0a8?d=identicon&s=25 Benoit Gagnon (Guest)
On 2006-01-24 16:20:38 -0500, Dave
<octopie@gmail.com> said:

> Hi, in my ApplicationController, I am creating a bunch of text which is
> going to be displayed in my view.

If you're generating a bunch of text for the view, you should be using
a Helper instead. I'm curious... why do you absolutely need this
content to be generated inside the controller ?
7e25398f2652b5146fc4545b2728ff6c?d=identicon&s=25 Dave (Guest)
on 2006-01-25 02:32
Benoit Gagnon wrote:
> If you're generating a bunch of text for the view, you should be using
> a Helper instead. I'm curious... why do you absolutely need this
> content to be generated inside the controller ?

Oh, now I see. There was no reason for me to be using the controller; my
mistake.

Thanks!