Forum: Ruby EasyPhp Vs InstantRails

319d9c1fe35fa8e1eddb8e16f8868e5c?d=identicon&s=25 Mick (Guest)

I am considering developing in Ruby on Rails but also need to
keep my local PHP development evironment intact.

I have the following setup

a. Win XP
b. Easy PHP
c. Instant Rails

I would ideally like to have EasyPhp and Instant Rails open at the same
time
with apache and mysql listening on different ports to avoid conflicts.

I am not extrememly familiar with configuring apache and mysql hence
easyphp and instantruby!

Can anyone tell me

a. If this is possible
b. What setting changes i need to do this

Ps. When i have easyphp working and i try to run instantrails,
instantrails does not
      startup.
C475cffda1800fbc3f3af17bc10c220f?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hibbs (Guest)
Instant Rails is a fork of EasyPHP. So, you pretty much have all of
EasyPHP still there.

Curt
C475cffda1800fbc3f3af17bc10c220f?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hibbs (Guest)
I realized my answer was a little terse. You should be able to do your
PHP work with Instant Rails. PHP is still there. I just took EasyPHP,
add Ruby and Rails, and modified the UI for the manager app.

Curt
319d9c1fe35fa8e1eddb8e16f8868e5c?d=identicon&s=25 Mick (Guest)
Ok,

I've done the following:

1. Copied my www folder from EasyPhp into my Ruby on Rails folder
2. Copied my database files in from easyphp\mysql\data to
ror\mysql\data

Almost everything is working correctly as it did in Easyphp except for
the following:

- I am getting v. strange errors now when I run my application using
InstantRails e.g.

Warning: session_start():
open(C:/ror\tmp\\sess_2efaaf9eee0ff91337ddc42803bbf647, O_RDWR) failed:
No such file or directory (2) in c:\ror\www\myapp\appfolder\login.php
on line 3

Is InstantRails using an older version of php / msql?
Would this be causing the above issue?
On 1/24/06, Mick <mickoc@gmail.com> wrote:

> - I am getting v. strange errors now when I run my application using
> InstantRails e.g.
>
> Warning: session_start():
> open(C:/ror\tmp\\sess_2efaaf9eee0ff91337ddc42803bbf647, O_RDWR) failed:
> No such file or directory (2) in c:\ror\www\myapp\appfolder\login.php
> on line 3
>
> Is InstantRails using an older version of php / msql?
> Would this be causing the above issue?

That could be. I picjed up whatever was the current version around May
or June of last year (I think that was 1.8.0.1).

I don't really know PHP, so I may not be of much help to you.

Curt