Forum: Ruby on Rails webrick and in_place_editor_field

19c9af375aca3001e3978cb16684803c?d=identicon&s=25 Parker Thompson (Guest)
I'm having a strange problem with webrick spinning forever.  I have a
view 'list' that renders a collection:

<%= render :partial => 'item', :collection => @items %>

The item partial looks like so:

    <%= in_place_editor_field :item, :price %>

If I delete the in_place_editor line the page will render.  If I leave
it there webrick will spin indefinitely, but will never print anything
to the console or to the log.  I'd run lighttpd but am having library
path issues with that I"d prefer not to address right now.  Webrick
*should* work here.

Thanks for any insight you can provide,

pt.
--
Parker Thompson
http://www.parkert.com/

One other caveat, to get in_place_editor_field to work, I had to
modify it to read:

  <%= @item = item; in_place_editor :item, :price %>

Luckily I was able to find an allusion to having to do this in
partials on this list (god bless gmail search).

Thanks,

pt.

--
Parker Thompson