Forum: Ruby on Rails Submit_to_remove : possible to send a type="file" ?

oo00oo (Guest)
Hello,

In a form I can send and receive a text_field with a submit_to_remote.
No problem.

But I can't see any data of the file type. If i do :  params.inspect, I
see all, except the file variable.

This is impossible ?
Thanks
Alex Young (Guest)
oo00oo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In a form I can send and receive a text_field with a submit_to_remote.
> No problem.
>
> But I can't see any data of the file type. If i do :  params.inspect, I
> see all, except the file variable.
>
> This is impossible ?
Yup.  AJAX can't (directly) do file uploads.