Forum: Ruby on Rails Help...why 'rake migrate' can't be executed on RadRails

6e6c900b76240333cb4e53bf1b446c00?d=identicon&s=25 Kouta Osabe (Guest)
'rake migrate' command can't be executed on RadRails?

I found Terminal Window at RadRails and executed 'rake migrate'  on that
terminal
many times.but nothing happend,even error messages.
I made InitialSchema file like these and configured database.yml.
of course I made database before executing 'rake migrate'
anyone,get me advice,please
Tanks

-~kota~

===================================
class InitialSchema < ActiveRecord::Migration
  def self.up
	create_table :lists do |t|
	 	t.column :title, :string
	 	t.column :created__on, :time
	 	t.column :updated_on, :time
	 end

	create_table :items do |t|
		t.column :list_id,    :integer
  		t.column :note,       :string
  		t.column :completion, :boolean, :default => false
  		t.column :position,   :integer
  		t.column :created_on, :time
  		t.column :updated_on, :time

  def self.down
  		drop_table :lists
  		drop_table :items

===================================

  Kouta Osabe

  E-mail:kota0919wasabi@yahoo.co.jp

  Always Look on the Bright Side of Life! - from Monty Python
Kouta Osabe wrote:
> 'rake migrate' command can't be executed on RadRails?
>
> I found Terminal Window at RadRails and executed 'rake migrate'  on that
> terminal
> many times.but nothing happend,even error messages.
> I made InitialSchema file like these and configured database.yml.
What's the migration's filename, and where have you put it?

Does a schema_info table exist in your database?  You shouldn't have to
create that yourself, of course - but if it exists, it's a clue that
rake thinks it's done *something*.  If it exists, what's the data in it?

I don't use RadRails, so there might be something else it does that gets
in the way, but from a straight Rails perspective, that's where to start
looking.
4005a47a8f2ceee49670b920593c1d52?d=identicon&s=25 Ben Munat (Guest)
Alex Young wrote:
> in the way, but from a straight Rails perspective, that's where to start
> looking.

Actually, I think this might just be a limitation of that terminal
widget in radrails... I
can't seem to find it now, but I remember being annoyed that it didn't
really work like a
terminal... that there were only certain things you could do.

I would try doing some other stuff -- even another rake file -- in it
before you assume
that there's a problem with your db/app/rakefile. Or better yet, just
use your regular OS
terminal window!

8217faf2bfdfa7daf10135d41ddd421e?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Cohen (jeff)
on 2006-01-22 22:05
Ben Munat wrote:
> Alex Young wrote:
>> in the way, but from a straight Rails perspective, that's where to start
>> looking.
>>
> Actually, I think this might just be a limitation of that terminal
> widget in radrails... I
> can't seem to find it now, but I remember being annoyed that it didn't
> really work like a
> terminal... that there were only certain things you could do.
>
> I would try doing some other stuff -- even another rake file -- in it
> before you assume
> that there's a problem with your db/app/rakefile. Or better yet, just
> use your regular OS
> terminal window!

I use RadRails but still us a real the command prompt to do things like
Rake.

I couldn't figure out how to use the Terminal window and I don't
understand why sometimes it's available to use and sometimes not.

Jeff
www.softiesonrails.com
6da869ac353d8769e7e166ce66b42a58?d=identicon&s=25 Flaw (Guest)
Personally I set up an 'External Application' to do tasks like this.
The output still shows up in the terminal window.
B283befe9acc25234d3345c12f92f7a9?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Shank (Guest)
We need to provide actual support for rails schemas and will be doing
so in the future.