Forum: Ruby on Rails Documentation for mocks?

4c3f6ae3543413647e6b3734c184f017?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Butcher (paulbutcher)
on 2006-01-21 16:09
Is there any documentation about how mock objects work in RoR,
specifically exactly how one should use the test/mocks directory. Is it
just me being incompetent searching for it, or hasn't this been
documented yet?

Thanks in advance for your help!

paul.butcher->msgCount++

Snetterton, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park...
Who says I have a one track mind?
66247570dbe0c350a165cdabc2769ba1?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Robinson (Guest)
On 21 Jan 2006, at 15:09, Paul Butcher wrote:

> Is there any documentation about how mock objects work in RoR,
> specifically exactly how one should use the test/mocks directory.
> Is it
> just me being incompetent searching for it, or hasn't this been
> documented yet?

This any good to you?

http://scott.elitists.net/users/scott/posts/mockery

They're pretty simple to be honest. Although, if you think they need
better documentation, you know what you could do... :-)
4c3f6ae3543413647e6b3734c184f017?d=identicon&s=25 Paul Butcher (paulbutcher)
on 2006-01-21 20:24
Paul Robinson wrote:
> This any good to you?
>
> http://scott.elitists.net/users/scott/posts/mockery

It's a start, certainly :-)

> They're pretty simple to be honest. Although, if you think they need
> better documentation, you know what you could do... :-)

I'll wait until I actually understand what's going on before I write
anything, but yes, on the face of it, they look pretty straightforward.

Thanks for the pointer!