Forum: Ruby on Rails Upload File To Web Server?

23e8e1a3e25c88f96d99d76f19c31d23?d=identicon&s=25 Lennie De Villiers (Guest)

How can one unload a file in Ruby on Rails?

Itâ??s where the user must select a file on the desktop PC and upload it
via
the web browser.

I also need the type / extension of the file along with its size before
upload proceeds.

Kind Regards,

Lennie De Villiers
8e4f193e6765aaa57925baa2876f55a7?d=identicon&s=25 ian kennedy (Guest)
on 2006-01-19 23:39
> How can one unload a file in Ruby on Rails?
>
> Itâ??s where the user must select a file on the desktop PC and upload it
> via
> the web browser.
>
> I also need the type / extension of the file along with its size before
> upload proceeds.
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> Lennie De Villiers

lennie, google 'file_column'. sebastian has a nice little library that
makes life easy.

best, ian