Forum: Ruby Ruby quiz idea

2a0f7bd2c54fbc44329d69555b96f1c5?d=identicon&s=25 Kev Jackson (Guest)
http://www.norvig.com/java-lisp.html

This is is a bit of a challenge, see links in post for original coding
challenge.  It'd be interesting to see how much time it'd take in Ruby -
Lisp 2 hours, C++ roughly 5.5 [1]

found on reddit.com

Is there a defined way to submit ruby quizes?  I haven't looked at the
site, so feel free to wail and gnash teeth if it's clearly sign posted
anywhere

Kev

[1] http://userpages.umbc.edu/~bcorfm1/C++-vs-Lisp.html
8aab717743d4f58a4453adb8b6855e1e?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Retzbach (Guest)
Kev Jackson schrieb:

> anywhere
>
> Kev
>
> [1] http://userpages.umbc.edu/~bcorfm1/C++-vs-Lisp.html

Here is a paragraph from rubyquiz.com:

Can I Submit A Ruby Quiz Topic?
    *Please do!* Ruby Quiz depends on community support. The only /goal/
    we try to follow with the quizzes is to keep them pretty short (30
    minutes to an hour to solve for the average coder). This is
    obviously vague, so use your best judgment. We're interested in fun
    little diversions, not a massive time sink. Send all submissions to
    James Edward Gray II
    <mailto:suggestion@rubyquiz.com?subject=Ruby%20Quiz%20Suggestion>,
    the Ruby Quiz Administrator. Please indicate whether or not you
    would like to do the Summary for your topic in your submission
    message. Feel free to submit as often as you like.
On Jan 18, 2006, at 11:16 PM, Kev Jackson wrote:

> http://www.norvig.com/java-lisp.html
>
> This is is a bit of a challenge, see links in post for original
> coding challenge.

This was already a Ruby Quiz:

http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz20.html

We weren't as strict with our requirements as them, but the quiz was
modeled off of that challenge.

James Edward Gray II