Forum: Ruby on Rails question on when ruby classes are refreshed

3332224a9a795dc396a4cd72dcfdffb0?d=identicon&s=25 Defrancq, Tiele (Guest)

I noticed that classes present in app/controller, helper, models and
views are all change aware. (The name for this escapes me). I mean if
you change a certain controller, these changes are immediately available
(development) without restarting any webserver.

Q? how is this behavior called?

I have some custom ruby classes not part of ruby on rails. Any changes
made to these custom classes are not showing the same behavior. How can
I extend this dynamic change behavior to my custom classes.

Eg I have an extra folder of classes present in app/mycustomfolder which
I would like to have this dynamic behavior.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers,

Tiele
On 1/18/06, Defrancq, Tiele <Tiele.Defrancq@bvdep.com> wrote:

> Eg I have an extra folder of classes present in app/mycustomfolder which I
> would like to have this dynamic behavior.

This behavior is turned on in the development environment.  You can
control it by editing config/environments/development.rb

If you 'require' your library in environment.rb or boot.rb, it will
only be loaded once. If you use 'require_dependency' instead, it will
behave like the other classes do.