Forum: Ruby on Rails Instant Rails request lags >4 sec

357b8d72b187ad4b8c2a47dcaa24b696?d=identicon&s=25 RTG (Guest)
on 2006-01-18 01:21
Hello RoR folks,
I am using Instant Rails and a small app that currently uses scaffolding
for CRUD on just one table with 7 attributes. I am not shure wether
scaffolding slows down the app that much but I have a time lag for every
request with above 4 sec. The preinstalled apps like Type are running
damn fast, which is not the case for my stuff.
Any help on this would be great
Thanks,
RTG
Fcdafe495dccc04d27f6dbbcdf54aecc?d=identicon&s=25 Woei Shyang (generik)
on 2006-01-18 01:38
I think what happens is each time you modify your script, Webrick will
need to recompile it and that's the cause for the time-lag.
357b8d72b187ad4b8c2a47dcaa24b696?d=identicon&s=25 RTG (Guest)
on 2006-01-18 10:14
Woei Shyang wrote:
> I think what happens is each time you modify your script, Webrick will
> need to recompile it and that's the cause for the time-lag.
Hello Woei,
that is what I though first too but it is basically for every single
click on both WebRick and SCGI even after initial compilation run.
Thanks,
RTG