Forum: Ruby on Rails Experiences w /payment gateways and credit card processing?

2cf8b1b73b3e638843aec68dd39d9aee?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Holmlund (agnathan)
on 2006-01-17 19:34
I wanted to know if anyone had any good experiences with particular
payment gateways and Rails? and what did it take to integrate?

My current client uses PayPal for the credit card payment processing,
and would like to stay with them, if possible. So has anyone had any
experiences with integrating with PayPal?

I'd love to hear who provides your payment services?
4bc282522ae33709ea17e4dab3a3fe7d?d=identicon&s=25 Ryan Heneise (Guest)
On Jan 17, 2006, at 10:34 AM, Daniel Holmlund wrote:

> I wanted to know if anyone had any good experiences with particular
> payment gateways and Rails? and what did it take to integrate?
>
> My current client uses PayPal for the credit card payment processing,
> and would like to stay with them, if possible. So has anyone had any
> experiences with integrating with PayPal?
>
> I'd love to hear who provides your payment services?

Daniel,

I use Linkpoint, and I've also used Authorize.net. I wasn't happy
with Authorize.net because the API doesn't provide a way to set up
recurring transactions (despite what they tell you). Linkpoint's API
is much more powerful and does support recurring transactions. I'm
still getting it set up though, so whether it works or not is up for
grabs. :)

To interface with the gateway, ActiveMerchant is probably your best
choice. The gateway support is still spotty, with support for
Moneris, Authorize.net, and I think TrustCommerce. It seems fairly
easy to implement new gateways though. I'm working with Mark Anderson
on a module for Linkpoint (if anyone wants to help that would be great).
   http://dist.leetsoft.com/api/activemerchant/
   http://home.leetsoft.com/am/wiki
   http://www.linkpoint.net/support/sup_index.htm

There is also a very simple module for Linkpoint called Transact:
   http://rubyforge.org/projects/transact/

Ryan
A7db9ec803b5895ae5f916a74e2db329?d=identicon&s=25 Hunter's Lists (Guest)
I've now done two Rails sites that used external payment gateways, one
with
Authorize.net and another with Verisign PayFlow Pro.

The former has Ruby integration in the 'payment' gem, the second does
not
and has to be cobbled together using native binaries, script files,
etc...

But... They both work just fine... Authorize is easier to get going with
Ruby setup today.

2cf8b1b73b3e638843aec68dd39d9aee?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Holmlund (agnathan)
on 2006-01-18 00:36
Linkpoint seemed a good API.  How can I join the project to create a
Linkpoint  module?

Daniel